In 1959, Bolt & Heeks was hatched from very humble beginnings by George Bolt and his cousin David Heeks, who were both carpenters.
They were asked to carry out two weeks’ work mending fences and, thirty years later, through recommendations and word of mouth, the company had grown into a flourishing local building company with eight employees, including George’s son Keith.
Keith took the helm when his father retired in 1995; the company continued to be successful but, to fulfill its potential, needed further investment and in 2003 there was a management buy-in by Terry Wilson and Alan Williams.
Keith was always a hands-on builder at heart and wanted to get back to his passion and so, with Alan and Terry as joint Managing Directors, Keith could concentrate on managing the Special Works Team.
This year has seen further changes to steer the company forward. Mike Stokes was promoted to Director. Mike is a seasoned Bolt and Heeks employee, having been with us since 2006.
Terry Wilson has now dedicated himself to the Directorship of the Estimating Department and we have welcomed Michael Anthony into the board as Finance Director.
After over 50 years of trading, today Bolt & Heeks is a successful main contractor in the private and public sectors and now employs some 65 staff
- Passion to provide an outstanding service
- Passion to provide an excellent finished product for our clients
- Passion to contribute to building a better community
- Passion to help protect the environment
- Passion to provide our staff with a safe and secure workplace
- Passion to train our workforce to develop to their full potential
- Passion to encourage the next generation into construction
- Passion to build a better future for all